Sunday, December 23, 2007

That's your wife, nigga!!!

Saw Sweeny Todd Friday night with a drunk Dave B, which made things immensely more entertaining, like watching a movie in Harlem (that's racist).
Okay, but seriously Helena B.C. has a great rack, almost as awesome as mine, but she obviously knows how to do pull off "crazy hair" better than I do:


I hated the music in this movie, and I loved Sondheim *cough*IstillownIntotheWoodsandlistentoitonceayearandcry*cough*. But Sondheim is at his best when multiple characters are singing different lyrics simultenously, and its sort of whip-smart in that Gilbert and Sullivan way. Instead, this movie had a lot of crooning and sad-sack solos (one of which was to the tune of what Dave and I determined to be Tom Jone's "Its Not Unusual"). Boo. Boring. Lots of blood, Sasha Baron Cohen's cameo was too short but pretty hilarious, and I can just imagine Danny Elfman rolling over in his grave. No, Danny Elfman isn't dead. He just sleeps in a grave. You can just imagine him calling up Tim Burton at three am and rasping out "Tiiiimmmmm......your promised. We'd be together........forever!" And then there is a click and a dial tone and somewhere, a Hot Topic Employee loses her (goth) wings.
Also Im pretty sure the only way Johnny Depp agreed to this thing was a conversation involving the phrases "have I EVER steered you wrong? Except for Sleepy Hollow, and Charlie and Chocolate Factory...", "I made you! And I can break you just as easily, gay pirate or no gay pirate franchise!", or some variation of "I'll let you run a train on my wife with me".

Ugh. So bored.

No comments: