Sunday, April 29, 2007

Dwight you ignorant slut

Sorry I haven't been posting for awhile; this week took a lot of energy and some fucking momentum. I had three interviews for a job I ended up getting (more on that later) as well as working two nights (wed and thurs) and then getting up friday morning at six for the photo shoot which I had to leave early in order to get to my first (half)day of work. So yea, by friday night I kind of crashed by 10, much to Adam's chagrin (he was mad I wasn't awake to go to the Ukulele jamboree with him).
So now I'm a receptionist at this post-production company called Screamervision (god do I hate answering the phones with that name) and its in midtown about a block and a half from my old job at Narrowstep, and like, maybe even less than a block to Adam's office. I wouldn't really be so keen on a receptionist job except a) its in the field I'm interested in (po-po, NOT reception) b) it is giving me IMMEDIATE health insurance c) um, I need a job. Hopefully too, I won't be at the front desk for very long. They already seemed sort of psyched about my knowledge of finalcut.
Ok, but they just moved into the space so NOTHING is set up yet, including a computer for me, so friday was spent literally staring at a wall for six hours. I was already cracked out from working all thursday night like I said, and i was late to the photo shoot and looked like SHIT, especially cuz the other girl was a stock photos model and had all those camera-ready smiles on hand whereas I looked like a total chubby shithead that had just woken up. So I was like, ready to cry all day friday, and for some reason the only thing that I could do to make me feel better was replay funny scenes from The Office in my head. How sad is my life when the only thing that occupies my thoughts is a desire to watch a show about working in a different office?
Oh well, I got my money from it, and as soon as my check from Narrowstep comes, I'm-a going to be ROLLING in it. Yeeesh.
Yesterday totally made up for shit too; I went out to brunch with Adam's friends Tyler and Juliet. Tyler teaches some hip english class in a boarding school about 1950's futuristic culture, and wants me to come in and talk about nuclear presence and shit in comic books from that era to his class! Guest lecture what what?!?! Then Adam had to leave to go to Brown, so I went to Coney Island with Myra and we went on the Ferris wheel and to the aquarium where we saw the CUTEST walrus ever that blew kisses and gave high fives. It was AWESOME. Then we pregamed at Karelisa's, went to the Canal Lounge (i think that was the name) for this band Professor Death that ended up playing a RIDICULOUSLY short set between dj acts. These two guys were trying to mack on us, but while Myra and Karelisa were dancing, I was basically trying to make myself invisible, which worked until one of the guys pulled me into a dance, tried to twirl me, and flailed my arms and we hit this girl in the eye with her drink and basically that was the end of my dancing career ever. Except then Chris Harris showed up and dancing with him definately makes me happier than anything, so after the 7 dollar budweisers got old at the first place, Myra, Chris, and I headed out to Lit, and then made it by last call to the Beauty Bar, both of which were totally rad and involved a great deal of me dancing and not giving a shit that I have no rhythm/look like a total retard while dancing.
OOH! I almost forgot. Jessica's article on Twin Peaks came out in Slate and its fucking awesome, totally complimented by the video clips embedded in the article. Long live the internet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you a lot for sharing this with all of us you really understand what you are speaking about!
Bookmarked. Kindly additionally talk over with my website =).
We can have a hyperlink trade arrangement between us

My web blog juyou51.com

Anonymous said...

This is the perfect web site for anybody who would
like to find out about this topic. You realize a whole lot its almost tough to
argue with you (not that I really would want to…HaHa).
You certainly put a new spin on a topic that has been written about for many
years. Wonderful stuff, just excellent!

Here is my web-site coffee flavor