Sunday, July 08, 2007

"Lets keep our eyes out for a cheap motel"

Please go here and click "Nodoz: friends hotel" Ahahahaha.

So I saw Art School Confidential last night. I'm torn. On the one hand, I love Daniel Clowes and his weirdness, his jaded cynical take on everybody, ESPECIALLY the characters who are the most cynical and jaded themselves (infinite refraction! At least I think that's the term). On the other hand, it was a little too smug and self-satisfied for its own good. But it did go in a different direction than I thought it would. But to compare its take on art and people who make it with Miranda July's take is like the difference between day and...uh, i guess a really cloudy, shitty day. At the very least, it made me super glad I am not involved in the New York art scene except insomuch as it involves the store and the people who perform/make art here. Speaking of which, right after the movie, Jared, Myra, and I went downstairs and it was like some weird performance thing involving televisions showing some shitty home movies with some weirdos blasting their atonal crap at top volume on stage. I felt my lips being tugged, but mercifully I was able to wait until I was outside before bursting into laughter.
Oh yea, butttttt. I watched the Six Feet Under pilot this morning. It was pretty brilliant, although it bugged the SHIT out of me that the dad looked like he's played a cop in at least six movies. Oh wait! HE HAS:
1. Me, Myself & Irene (2000) .... Agent Boshane, EPA
2. Snow Falling on Cedars (1999) .... Sheriff Art Moran
3. The Mod Squad (1999) .... Det. Bob Mothershed
4. Trapped in Paradise (1994) .... Agent Shaddus Peyser
5. Flirting with Disaster (1996) .... Paul Harmon (the cop they dosed with LSD)
6. Stealing Harvard (2002) .... Honorable Emmett Cook

Ok. So the last one's a judge. Whatever, someone get me a fucking medal. I DEMAND IT!!!
But yea, Six Feet is awesome and I am totall behind the times here, but Lauren Ambrose smoking meth before finding out her dad's dead and having to identify the body?
Totally fucking classic.
"So now I get to go through this whole hellish experience with everything being a little 'brighter'."

No comments: