Saturday, April 21, 2007

Take this job and shove it

So I was fired.
I've never been fired from a job before; and I've been working since I was 15.
Its the shittiest feeling in the entire world. I literally spent all day yesterday in bed crying and spent approximately 18 hours sleeping. This is the first time I've left my room since I got home, and in all honesty I think I only came out to use the computers downstairs (had to give the laptop back, just another added benefit of being told you're incompetent!)
Well, what can you do? Everyone says this is a blessing in disguise because now I'll actually be able to take some time off and figure out what's going on- health wise. I'm also thinking of just doing some freelance stuff for awhile- post-production, writing, or what-not. I just can't deal with another office job right now.
I'm sort of pissed because this was the first job I ever got to flex my editing skills with, and I would have loved to do more with it, but at the end of the day, I guess I understand why you wouldn't want to keep someone who is getting ill like, once a week.
But still: shitty. It's not like I didnt have enough to freak out about without my main source of income getting shut down, hard. It makes everything that much more stressful.

No comments: