Wednesday, November 29, 2006

But oh what providence! What divine intelligence! That you should survive as well as me.

Last night was WAY too intense and just totally defines why I'm always late for work Wednesday mornings.
Rasp Thorn had like, a Cabaret of sorts, and im not saying I would like to see less shows like that in the store, just basically I would like to see less performance art. I sort of hate art, I've decided.
No, just kidding.
But last night was like an episode of Arrested Development with its fake drunken child-molesting carolers, fake-fist fights that turned into real fights (maybe? at any rate, lead to real breakage of articles in the store), and what I thought were fake cops that came in and started chatting me up. I was half expecting someone to lose an arm and Jay Walter Weatherman to pop up and go "and THATS why.....you never allow performance art in a small venue."
Half my sanity was left intact by Karebear, with whom I had the following scrawled conversation on bar napkins:
Karelisa: Dinner tommorow at 9:30 Soho with Janet? Be there or be

Drew: I want to see the mooooovies. I'm not a I am a
Karelisa: NO! NO MOVIES! Obky performance arts and farts and crafts......says the RAVEN!
Drew: I WENT TO CAMP SO LONG AGO JESUS FUCKING CHRIST WAS MY COUNSELOR.
Karelisa: OMG I WENT TO ORCHESTRA CAMP SO LONG AGO I WAS LIKE "HEY GUYS I CAN'T PRACTICE THIS HARD, MY BIRD FACE HURTS"
Drew: I WENT TO FELINE CAMP SO LONG AGO IT WAS IN THE IN THE CATSKILLZ.
Karelisa: And that's when I said this is just too much. I have AIDS and your bandaids just suck.
Drew: HIGH FIVE= HIV!!!
.............
And then we totally high fived. It was sweet.
New James gave me an issue of Metropolis which is very good and old-James of him.

No comments: