Saturday, March 15, 2008

It's been a long time since I've blogged

For those who haven't seen:


Hey guys, remember when I used to write about my feelings and my relationships? Those five years were a BLAST weren't they? Now I don't have time to do write about my friends because I don't have any and also I am too busy watching Dr. Phil and Rachel Ray. Because that is my job. Yumm-o!

I have had a comedy crisis recently where I realized "hey! I love writing funny thing! And that's my job! I'm soooo lucky!" which of course devolved into a "goddamnit I'm not funny at all what the hell am I doing" sort of thing. The problem with working in comedy, especially in New York, is that you are exposed to a lot of people who are hysterically, mind-blowingly funny. And this is a good thing. But it also is a crushing self-esteem thing, because whoa. Getting on stage and doing stand-up must be the hardest thing in the world because honestly, even making these videos every week causes excessive gastronomical distress.
Still though, I guess when you look back to where I was a year ago, I've made some pretty good headway into doing something that I love. And I have a wonderful guy to support me and listen to me whenever I freak out and declare that we are an "un-funny couple".
Meowzers.

No comments: